First Week on Nutrisystem Diet - Full Report

Well, I survived my first week on Nutrisystem. And I'm alive!

No, seriously it wasn't that bad. And I have great new: I lost 4 pounds! Technically 4.5 according to the scale but I'm going to be conservative here and say 4 pounds. That's pretty good right?




And since the first week is over the hardest part is also over.

First impressions? I thought it would be a lot worse. Visions of waking up at 2 in the morning with massive stomach cramps from hunger had haunted me.

But I didn't have any of that. The shake that I had every day really filled me up and I think eating so often - something I'm definitely not used to - helped as well, psychologically anyway.

The food wasn't bad either. I didn't get to have a lot of my favorites, just because it was a pre-selected plan. But what I did have was actually pretty good.

And I learned how to make a mean stir fry with asparagus, broccoli, zucchini and baby carrots. Add a little ginger with onion and garlic powder plus a little salt and Bam - freebie baby. And it actually tastes really good.

So overall it was do able. I think if I hadn't been thinking about it the whole time (because I'm a little obsessive like that) it would have gone a bit better. But with a new diet and all well, I want to make sure I'm doing it right.




I started out doing  a bar in the morning with a shake for snack and that seemed to be fine. I had one of the small meals for lunch and added some salad to add extra fibre.

The bar seemed to work ok at first. I'm not a big breakfast eater anyway. But by day 3 I WAS hungry for breakfast.

I think the lower calories at night thing was kicking in and my body was like "Hey, where's the food lady?" So I started to wake up feeling really ravenous. And then the bar didn't cut it so much. I even started adding a salad or leftover stir fry for breakfast to help ward off that hunger.

I also added more veggies at night. On day 4 I had like 3 huge stir fry veggie dishes before nine that night. But I got through it and I think my stomach started adjusting by day 5. Again, I wasn't dying. I was just getting really hungry in the morning, which is something I'm definitely not used to.

I was a bit cranky too I'll admit.

The black coffee really wasn't enough to brighten my mood and my co-workers definitely noticed. They don't know I'm doing Nutrisystem but I just grumbled something about having a bad week and tried not to get hurt that they were avoiding me in the hallway and in the lunchroom.

Hopefully my sunny disposition will come back now that we're over the first week hump and they'll start to return to my lunch table.




Here's an example of what I ate on Week 1:

Breakfast: Banana Nut Muffin with Black Coffee

Snack: Energizing Chocolate Shake

Lunch: Kung Pao Noodles with Red Leaf Salad and Cherry Tomatoes

Snack 2: Craving Crusher Chocolate Shakes (Better than the Energizing Chocolate Shake by far!)

Dinner: Chicken Alfredo with Added Spinach and Broccoli

Snack: Veggie Stir Fry with Broccoli, Asparagus and Zuchini

I know it doesn't seem like a lot but you do get used to it and the shakes - especially the Craving Crusher - are extremely filling.

Here are some of my Favorite Meals for the Week:

Cinnamon Streusal Muffin

Chocolate Caramel Bar

Thick Crust Pizza (I'd read some bad reviews on it but actually I really liked it so I guess everyone's taste is different!)

I also didn't do a lot of exercise this week - although they want you to. I just wanted to focus on getting the diet down right.

So that's it guys. I'm looking forward to my second week as I don't think it's going to be so hard. I think I might try one of the recipes in the starter guide as well. Who knows maybe it will help.

I'll be back with an update on my diet progress in a week or two.

Love Tanya xo


Comments