Nutrisytem Diet - My Program of Choice


So the next step is actually choose a plan and placing my order.

If you've done any research into the Nutrisystem diet itself, you'll probably notice that they have a number of different plan options.

At first this can seem a bit overwhelming and you have to try to sort out how each plan is different from the next.

In this post I'll lay out the options (as I understand them) and which program I chose to do and why.

Nutrisystem has a few different options. First of all they have:


Nutrisystem for Women (this is kind of like their main diet that they assume everyone is going to get - you have to look around for the other specialty programs}.

Nutrisystem for Men (This is self-explanatory).

Nutrisystem for Diabetics (A special program for type 2 diabetics that helps to control their blood sugars. I assume this is for men or women. And I think this probably includes meals with less sugar included - not for me thank goodness).

Nutrisystem for Vegetarians (again I assume this works for both men and women).

This may seem confusing right? But then again, some of the other diet programs I looked at in my research had even more options: options for women over 60, options for low-salt diet, options for women who have just had a baby etc.

Ok, after placing myself in the Nutrisystem for women program camp (not that hard to do, given the other options), then there was the next decision. Choose from 3 different options:


Basic

Core

Uniquely Yours


The Basic program is the cheapest. It runs around $9.80 a day. Not bad right? But there are a few things that you don't get with this option. I'll explain these later.

The Core plan is the next step up. It's the mid-range program in their diet. It's a bit more, costing around $10.55 per day. You get over 100 meals to choose from, which is pretty good as far as variety goes. The difference between the Core and Basic plan however is that with Core you can actually select your own meals.

With the Basic plan you're stuck with what they send you. They claim they send you meals from their "customer favorites" list, but the cynic in me thinks it's more likely that they send meals from the unordered and unwanted meals that they have left over. I can't prove this of course, it's just a hunch.




You still get the same number of meals with each plan, it's just that with Core you get to choose your favorites. So you're more likely to actually LIKE what you eat.

The Uniquely Yours plan is the premium option. But it's still pretty decent at around $12 a day. With this option you can pre-select your meals like with the Core program.

But you also get a larger menu with frozen and more gourmet options. So with the other two plans, you have meals that are basically room temperature like shakes, brownies, pasta dishes etc.

With the premium plan you get frozen dinners like Chicken Parmesan, pizzas and more. Call me a food snob, but I just think that the frozen selections have to be more high quality.

You also get phone support with the Premium plan, which I don't really care about but still, it's a nice touch if people want to talk to a weight loss counsellor. If I have a question, I'd rather go on a message board or talk to their online help - I'm shy that way.

So with all of those choice which one did I go with?

Well, you guessed, I went with the Uniquely Yours plan. I had a look at the menu and especially the desserts and I just thought that the premium plan option had better treats.





Yup, the treats did me in. Brownie Sundae, Red Velvet Whoopie Pie, Ice Cream Sandwich,  Chocolate Fudge Bar, I mean really - wouldn't you go with that menu too?

So in the end it was all about the desserts for me. The sugar monster is out in full force. I'm sure the meals are a bit better too. But time will tell.

So last night I ordered the Uniquely Yours plan and then chose as many of the frozen meals as I could. The shakes and breakfasts were mainly the room-temperature meals though, but that's fine.

So according to Nutrisystem I will get my order in two different shipments in a couple of days. Yay! I can already feel myself getting thinner as we speak.  I'm pretty stoked about getting started.

I know it might be a challenge though so I'm off to watch some Nutrisystem videos on YouTube to see what other people have experienced and how they coped with it.

Until next time

Love Tanya xo



Comments