Down 11 Pounds On My Nutrisystem Diet!

Ok guys, so week three and - ta da! I'm down 11 pounds total. Yay! More than half way to my goal!



It's been kind of an up and down ride but I've learned a lot and as I like to say "I'm still here!"

So week two went a little bit better than week 1. Ok actually much better. I tried some recipes and expanded my veggie options a bit for variety. I'm also starting to add some fruit in now for added sweetness (this really helps with those chocolate cravings).

And I'm getting to eat more of the Uniquely Yours frozen meals and desserts which, I gotta be honest, DO taste a whole lot better than some of the non-refrigerated meals taste.

Here's a list of my favorites so far:

Chicken Parmesan - Really nice with an almost citrus-y taste. I don't have to add any spices to it, this tastes really good. Sometimes I even put it on a bed of lettuce for a Chicken Parmesan salad.




Chicken Mozzarella Melt - It's just a wrap but I really love the sauce. Some people complain that it's more cheese than chicken. And it's true that the chicken is a bit few and far between. But it is there and I find it really filling.

Meatloaf Sandwich - I'm not a meatloaf kinda girl but this is actually one of my go-to's when I need a hearty treat. The bun is a bit questionable, it has a bit of a funny taste to it but if you add some lettuce tomato and mushrooms, it's actually very good.

Chicken and Bacon Ranch Pizza - This is a different one I never thought I'd like. But it was a pleasant surprise. Someone somewhere suggested adding salsa on top and this really jazzes it up. I found that most of the frozen pizzas are good. But stay away from the non-frozen pizzas. They're like cardboard.

Roasted Turkey with Gravy and Mashed Potatoes - This is really filling and the mashed potatoes give you a comfort-food feeling. So it's good for those cold days when you want something warm and cozy. I added a little chives to the potatoes and that sent it into the next stratosphere for me.

Chocolate Cupcake - My favorite dessert hands down. You feel like you're cheating on your diet with these babies. I heat it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it's perfect.




Red Velvet Whoopie Pie - This has the cream cheese center in between red velvet cake Um, yes. It's not over the top - in your face - sweet, which is what I like. It's more subtle. I will definitely order a few more of these with my next shipment.

Chocolate Brownie Sundae - Brownie pieces with chocolate ice cream - what's not to like exactly?  If you didn't know it was "diet" you could easily pass this off for a regular dessert.

Cinnamon Roll - This is for those days you need that sweet treat at breakfast. I wish there was more of the cream cheese icing it is soooooo good. It's perfect with a cup of irish cream coffee (flavored, not the real irish cream).



So those were the ups. The downs? Well I did have a few surprises with certain meals:

Thick French Toast - I was looking forward to this a lot more than I should have probably. It was a disappointment. I found it mushy and just...bland. Not sure why but I won't be ordering it again.

Salisbury Steak with Mac and Cheese - This is another one I had high hopes for but...no. It was not to be. I actually couldn't even finish it and ended up throwing it out and having one of my back-up bars instsead. The mac and cheese was runny and again, tasteless. Tried adding some chili peppers and salt nope.



Beef and Broccoli with Orzo - The beef was really tough and hard to swallow. I would have like to add in my own chicken and spice it up a bit. But after a few bites, I just wanted to throw it out. I made a salad and made a mental note never to order this one again.

Another thing I haven't been so great with is the exercise. They want you to do 30 minutes of moderate activity every day.

That shouldn't be too hard. But I'm just always busy with work and when I get home, I just want to watch my shows. I don't think it's the diet that is sapping my energy, it's really a few things going on at work right now that are super stressful.

I just need more pampering and the thought of jumping on the treadmill after a day of getting crap from my boss is not pampering at all.

So I will try to add in some more exercise. If I had been more faithful in the fitness department I probably would have lot more by now but, we'll just keep at it. I know things will get better at work soon.

So that's it for now. I think my next post will be about some of the things I've learned about this diet to make it easier.

Ciao for now

Love Tanya xo





Comments