My Nutrisystem Frozen Foods and Starting Point


So I did get my frozen foods last week and was very happy with the packaging and overall impression. Everything looks really great and I also had time to read over the instruction manuals (both).

So I think I know what I'm doing (kind of). To be honest it's a bit more overwhelming than I thought it would be.

But maybe that's because I haven't actually gotten started on the diet yet. I was really pumped to start but then life happened.



A work crisis came up the day I was supposed to start the diet and I decided to wait. I just didn't want to start until my head was clear and I had a chance to read the get-started manuals.

It pushed me back a bit, I'll admit, but I really want to do this diet right. And the Nutrisystem food doesn't really go bad if you wait a week to get started. So I figured I was alright.

So now I'm ready to get started tomorrow. Today it was weigh-in time. And unfortunately I found out I had more to lose than 15 pounds.

I guess I had been lying to myself about how much I had to lose. But I got on the scale this morning for the first time in a couple of months and realized I'd gained about another 5 somewhere in that time frame. I knew my jeans had been cutting off my circulation a bit but denial is a wonderful thing my friends.

So, ugh. And no I'm not going to tell you how much I weighed - that's a bit too public even for a blog.

But suffice it to say, my new weight loss goal is now 20 pounds, not 15. I might have to do Nutrisystem a bit longer than I thought I would. That's ok. I'm fine with that.

I also found out that the Lean 13 week is just for 1 week and it included some bars. I thought it was all shakes based on past YouTube videos I'd seen. So that was a nice surprise. For some reason I thought that Lean 13 lasted a 2 weeks or a month, not sure why.




So with the Lean 13 starter diet, you get special breakfasts, lunches and dinners plus a shake and a nutricrush bar. I also learned that I can have unlimited non-starchy veggies. Some of these freebies are:

- green beans
- broccoli
- celery
- kale
- spinach
- turnip
- carrots
-zucchini
- asparagus
- bell peppers
- cabbage (might skip that one)
etc, etc.


That means I can throw in some salad, or make up a zucchini and broccoli stir fry (with water of course). I'm also planning to munch on some cut-up baby carrots and cucumbers etc. I can do that - it can't be too difficult right?

I also like that they include some recipes in the tracker guide with my package. I'm not a cook but who knows, I might try some of them especially if I get really hungry. They make me feel like I have options.

And the tracker guide itself is pretty simple. It tells you exactly what you need to do and eat day by day.

I was a little nervous about remembering what to eat when, but the tracker makes it super-simple. All I do is follow it.







Unfortunately I can't mix meals up. I'm kind of a free spirit when it comes to my meals - which is probably why I'm at the point where I have to do this diet in the first place - but I was hoping to be able to switch my lunch and dinner up. But nope.

I probably could, but I don't want to take any chances. I found a forum online where some people said you could, but others said it was a no-no. Also, according to the Nutrisystem FAQs, you're not supposed to get creative and swap out meals, shakes etc for different times. So, I'll stick to using my tracker to track my meals, as least for the first week!

Today I'm going out to pick up some lettuce for salad, broccoli, carrots and cucumbers to have on hand (I already have the zucchini ready to go). Maybe I'll add in some asparagus as well as I had it at a restaurant on the weekend and now I have a craving.

So here we go. I'm starting the diet tomorrow and my new goal is 20 pounds, not 15.  Wish me luck guys! I'm not sure how much I'm going to feel like blogging  the first week. I've read some people had a really hard time the first week. Others said it was pretty easy. So I'm not sure what kind of experience I'm going to have.

But I will come back and give you an overview of my first week of the Nutrisystem diet when I've gotten through it and had time to get some perspective (and see my weight loss results). Wish me luck!

- Tanya xo



Comments